Thursday, June 16, 2005

Horrible Evening

Tonight I had plans to meet Karen who is adopting also from China. Her referral date is coming up soon. On my way to meet her, I got rear-ended on Stratford/Silas Creek Intersection in Winston Salem. This morning when I put some of the adoption documents in my van, I had this weird thought that I might be in a car accident b/c I had these important papers in my van. I had my medical forms that took weeks to finally get right and also my application to CCAA, unemployment letter, and financial statement b/c I was going to take them to FedEx after I got a call back from the notary I use to come over and get all of these stamped (except Medical b/c those were stamped already). I got the notary's call back while I was waiting for the police to write up the accident report. I later realized that I didn't have the address with me anyway to send these papers to my dc.

I never got in touch with Karen, and I'm writing this on my blog to let her know again how sorry I am for not showing up. I didn't take her cell number, but I did call others I knew to look up her phone number to try to call her home to see if I could get someone there to give me her number. I showed up at the restaurant too late. I even went to her house to try to catch her but no luck so I left notes on the doors.

I'm going to probably be sore from the jerk of being rear ended pretty hard and from the seat belt holding me back. The guy that hit me tore up my bumper for sure. I'm going to try to get an estimate tomorrow before I head towards Raleigh.

I called my notary back on my way home and asked if I could stop by. When I got to her house, I realized I had my name three different ways on all three forms...Melissa Hooker, Melissa Philbeck Hooker and Melissa Anne Philbeck Hooker. I don't know which way to write it and if it matters if they are not all the same. I'm going to email Kim (DC) to find out what is correct. Also, my notary stamped one up-side-down so I've got to reprint and Tony signed on the wrong line on our Application to CCAA so I have to redo this again too. I'm going back to her house in the morning with reprinted documents.

Everything is set for Logan to spend the night with a friend of ours tomorrow and we get one night kid free...first time in a long time (and I'm not counting the nights I've spent in hospitals without him). Tony will have to post later about a comment Logan made to him about us bringing home another baby. It's cute.

1 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger My Baby Ain't White said...

OMG Melissa! Stop apologizing! You just focus on feeling better and not so frazzled right now. You're smack dab in the middle of paperwork hell and you're driving to my house to apologize!??!?!?! Stop it! Hahahahaha! You get to feeling better and take care of YOU!

~Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home