Friday, September 12, 2008

What a nightmare removing cribs is turning out to be

I feel like I've been in a wrestling match.

This is night two of no cribs in the twin's room. Nap time wasn't as bad but it helped since they had been up since 4am. Tonight took about 1 1/2 hours to get them to go to sleep.

They started off in the toddler beds with another crib mattress in between that I could lay on. I think about 20-25 minutes after laying down, a few songs, talking a little and swapping stuffed animals back and forth, listening to the cars from the new dragstrip, Andrew's switch went off. I'm learning Andrew is a bit more hyper at night but he can go from immediately jumping around like a monkey to sawing logs. Unfortunately about the time Andrew konks out, Nate explodes in his diaper. The smell alone would wake the dead. So, I had to get up to change Nate which woke Andrew up and he was back to his typical toddler self.

Nate tells me he needs medicine. He has had a sore throat this week so we make a trip back downstairs, all three of us, to get some tylenol. Andrew asks for medicine so I give him benedryl since he has been congested. I should have done all this before bed but I can't remember everything these days. (I've also been up since 4am too.)

We go back upstairs and hear fireworks. Now the boys have to look for them out the window. Unfortunately we couldn't see them b/c of trees but in the winter we can see fireworks display that goes on at the speedway. They missed out this time.

Finally I get them back to the room and they decide they are sleeping with mommy. I was laying on a single crib mattress. It's already not big enough for me, let alone me plus two toddlers. So, I take their mattresses out and lay it up against mine, one on each side. We try this out for a while, and then Drew poots. Drew thinks he made a stinky. I had to get back up, turn the light back on and check. He didn't but he still thinks he did. Nate says Drew-Drew stinks but there's nothing. It was a big ordeal to them but I eventually convinced them everything was okay.

We get back to laying down and he mattresses are separating from each other sliding around on the floor because the boys can't be still. I push a toddler bed up against one side and have the far end cornered by the wall. Then they both want to sleep in the middle with mommy. Agh!!! So, I take out the middle one and the three of us are sharing two crib mattresses laying in the floor.

After a bunch of yelling from me, finally Drew knocks back out again and I'm thanking God that one is finally asleep. Nate was fighting sleep and wanted to get up, lay different ways, cuddle, not cuddle, etc. He even surpises me by getting into my face and giving me little kisses while I'm pretending to be asleep. I get tickled and he think it's funny so he continues to do this. Sweet but it gets annoying. He lays there and picks his nose for a while and finally starts snoring. Yeah! I was able to sneak out no problems.

I never lay down with them unless they are sick so I know they are enjoying this. I hope they catch on soon that they are suppose to stay in the beds but right now I don't see that happening soon. I am dreaming it will happen by the time Nate has his surgery. Drew will have one night without his twin since Nate will be spending the night at the hospital. Not sure what we'll do then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home