Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Why I need a housekeeper....

If I hadn't been cleaning this morning I wouldn't have lost track of time and forgot Logan was in his room this morning playing legos while the school bus had come and gone.

I missed it by probably by five minutes. I had been cleaning one of the bathrooms upstairs and paused to put clothes on the kids but all I got was a shirt on the boys and slid a dress over Madelyn's head. I was about to go back to cleaning when I realized the time. I had to rush down the stairs, scurry up the bare-legged kids, find Logan's bookbag, binder, yell at Logan to get his shoes on and stop talking, and get them all loaded into my car in carseats. I'm waiting on the rumors to start in our neighborhood that I don't dress my kids appropriately for the weather (at least they did have a shirt on).

And yes, I could have taken my time to get them all dressed, but that would have made us later and I probably would have ended up having to walk Logan into the school for being tardy which would have meant I would have had to get all three toddlers out of the car and walk them in and out which really is not fun.

We've been kidding around that all summer long to keep Logan happy and quiet we would buy lots of lego sets b/c he stays entertained in his room and out of trouble when building Star Wars legos and other creations. Unfortunately it made me forget he wasn't at school yet this morning.

1 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

Legos are a boy's best friend!! Lately I have been having the girls take the bus to school too (except Tasha cause I have to drive her there myself). The bummer part is I stand out there with both of them until the bus comes, which means on the cold mornings (which thankfully are rare now) we all freeze just for a few minutes. I've timed it well now though that we only have to wait for about five minutes. :)

Don't worry about what other people think on how you dress your kids this one time. It's not like they run around naked every single day out in the snow, ya know? And there is heat in the truck too. And look on the bright side - only 9 more weeks of school!!! That means Logan can start coming over and having sleepovers with us - or even the triplets!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home