Friday, April 18, 2008

Two Daughters

Tony surprised me after work Friday with a manila folder in his hands and inside was a sheet of paper he had printed of a poem he wrote this week. Tony had the chance to visit our daughter Reagan's grave Wednesday and removed the old flowers and replaced with some new ones. I have not had the chance to make that trip up so I was definitely happy that he was able to stop by when he was out of town for work that day. When I first read this, I had tears in my eyes and had to stop and cry for a little bit. Now that I've read it several times over, I am sad that I didn't take more time to grieve over the anniversary of Reagan's death this year. Instead I've learned how to cope and go on with life, something I didn't think would happen three years ago. Life has changed so much in the past three years. Here's the poem Tony wrote...




4 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Wow - that was really touching.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Wow. Just wow. Beautiful and amazing.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

OMG. You tell Tony I just cried my eyes out something fierce. That is the most beautiful thing I've ever read.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Dena said...

Wow - that poem is absolutely beautiful, brilliant really - wow!

I smiled on the part about wiping her nose - I know you've done that a gazillion times!

My favorite line:
Do I know what I've lost?
Do I know what I hold?

We lost 2 babies to miscarraige. Thanks for sharing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home