Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Morning Waffle Fight

On a typical school day morning, after the babies (yes, we still call them babies even though they are two and almost two) get up and diapers are changed, they go into the playroom until Logan is done getting ready and off to school. During that time I will take waffles or pancakes or maybe something else to them for breakfast in the playroom. This gives me freedom to run around the house making sure Logan is ready (except for yesterday when I forgot he was still here and we missed the bus) and I don't trip over someone and don't have to listen to them whine.

Today they didn't get their waffles until Logan was off on the school bus. I took waffles to them upstairs soon after. I went into Logan's room, which is a danger zone, to do some tidy work and closed the door. We never leave Logan's room open b/c it's far from being toddler proof. I overheard some whining, screaming, arguing outside his door. When I opened the door Nate was pushing Madelyn holding her waffle and trying to get Madelyn to take his waffle. She wanted her waffle back. She had barely taken two bites out of it and Nate's was halfway gone. I did the switch over, told Nate to leave her waffle alone and went back into Logan's room and closed the door. Nate threw one of his big tantrums screaming and kicking and knocking on the door. Next thing I know there's screaming from Madelyn again and Nate letting out his high pitch squeel. When I opened the door back, waffle crumbs were everywhere. Nate had her waffle in his hands smooshed all up. Madelyn was digging for her crumbs on the floor.

In the end, I don't think Nate and Madelyn got very much except for what Nate ate on his original waffle. I found the leftover half of Nate's laying on the train table later and Andrew was asking "waffle, waffle?" so I picked up Nate's and gave it to him. So I guess you could say Andrew was the winner in all this. He got his waffle plus half of Nate's.
***And yes, Madelyn has on boy pj's again. Last night I was talking on the phone and got distracted while changing diapers and dressing them into pj's. I had three diapers and three sets of pj's in a pile on the floor. I dressed Andrew first. Madelyn was 2nd and I didn't realize I had put blue/boy pj's on her until I had her zipped up and Nate saw her and was pulling on her clothes and pointing to himself. I then realized I had dressed her wrong. I didn't bother redressing but wasn't going to put pink on Nate so I had to get up and get more for him. ***

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

I will have to remember to have waffles in the house when they stay the night here. Usually I just make pancakes but that doesn't seem to go over as well as how you make the waffles sound. :) Oh, and I think Madelyn will have some new princess pj's soon - Tashie has outgrown her favorite princess pj's - actually they shrunk and I'm 98% positive they would fit Madelyn. So I'll have to get them to Gary to give to Tracy to give to you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home