Saturday, September 15, 2007

If it ain't buffet, we ain't eating there....

After a short rest from Family Fun Day at Logan's school, we thought we would try to go out to eat as a family. We haven't all done this together in a long time. If we eat food from a restaurant it's either been take-out or from a buffet where we can feed the kids as soon as we walk through the door, but tonight we went to Applebee's. BAD IDEA!!!!!! We will no longer wait on food to be delivered to these children even though were were there at 4:30 before supper time, they demanded food right then. Luckily I had crackers and yogurt bites on me to tidy them for a little bit.

There was a fiasco with helium filled balloons at the door. Andrew and Nate HAD to have one. Nate even threw himself down on the floor and was kicking me as I picked him up b/c he didn't have a balloon. Once I get him to the table, I walked back to the host and begged for a balloon. Then Andrew had to have one. So I make my way back and grab the last balloon. Thank goodness Madelyn didn't want one.

Andrew couldn't stop yelling out loud. The only time he was quiet was when food was in his mouth. Nate and Andrew wouldn't take one hand off the string attached to the balloon the entire time. Madelyn wasn't so bad but she couldn't be still. She had to have a french fry one after another. Nate had ketchup from ear to ear. I had to separate the kids b/c they were making each other mad. Oh, and Logan talked loud b/c he thought he had to talk over the babies.

One couple was sat at the table beside us. They didn't sit there for even a minute before they got up and left. Our section became empty except for us. Everyone else was in the smoking section away from our loud table. At the end I even grabbed up the twins and walked out and said to Tony "meet you outside" b/c I couldn't take it anymore.

I did laugh once we got them all buckled back into the vehicle. Tony and I even stood outside the vehicle for a while and took a few minutes of peace and quiet before entering the vehicle of madness.

The soon-forgeting and forgiving parents we are, decided to drive to Target after that. What we're we thinking? I split off from Tony and let him do the shopping with just Madelyn in a cart and hit the toy isle with the boys b/c there was too much whining and screaming. I was hoping the site of toys would calm them down. NOPE! Once I met back up with Tony, I put my things in his cart and he paid for everything. I was out the door with the boys.

There's a good reason why we don't go out much........

I brought up going to church tomorrow b/c no one is sick, in the hospital nor are we out of town. The answer was we'll go back to taking turns leaving the house and splitting the three one-year olds up. It's just too hard to get out with them. It's a workout just to get them ready to leave. Leaving to take Logan to school is one thing b/c I don't have to pack extras and we'll be home soon and it's a quick ride. Leaving to be out in public for over an hour is another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home