Monday, July 02, 2007

Missed these Stinkers

I just got back last night from a weekend getaway with no kids and no hubby. I went with three other ladies to Myrtle Beach - all stay home moms. We didn't get into any trouble. We didn't do anything wild and crazy. We just enjoyed having a break from screaming kids and not having to answer to "mommy, mommy, mommy....." all day long.

I was glad to have that break but I sure did miss them. Everytime I saw a preschool age kids I thought of Logan and how much fun he would have had in the pool or playing in the sand at the beach. Then I would see a toddler and think about Nate and Andrew and how much fun they could have in the one foot pools or riding with me in the lazy river. And then of course I'd see some cute little girl in a pink little swimsuit and think of Madelyn and just how darn cute she would be in her bathing suit and splashing in the water.

When I walked into the house last night Andrew was the first to run and greet me with a big smile and hands held out to pick him up. Nate looked at me funny but eventually he couldn't stop giving hugs and kisses after I sat down. Madelyn cried b/c I walked past her and didn't pick her up but she crawled to me eventually and gave lots of hugs and smiles. Logan made me a card that said "Welcome Home Mommy" and had a picture of him and me on it.

I think having this break does make us all realize how much we really love each other when we don't see each other everyday. I don't think I could have been away any longer than those three days without them. This morning the screaming has started back, the crying, the demanding of food or milk and just overall meaness but I love these kids more than anything else in the world. I think Tony and I are going to plan a getaway together in September for our 10th anniversary just for a weekend. I think we could use it but I sure will miss these kids again.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

you're so right! it's nice to have a break now and then to just be "melissa", and i really believe it makes us a better "mommy". glad you had fun! :)

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

Glad you enjoyed your weekend away! I know what you mean about missing the little people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home