Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Cards

My plan this year for my Christmas Cards was to have a photo card that included all the boys and our referral picture of Madelyn. However, that didn't happen this year since we were missed by one LID last week. I also never made it to have professional Christmas pictures made of the three boys b/c we've been battling strep, wheezing, coughs and colds, and ear infections. So, yesterday I decided to dress up the boys in Christmas colors and try to make my own photos. There's a reason why photography studios were made and there are people other than yourself out there available to take photos. It takes a parent plus some just to get the kids in place and keep them in place. Tony was out running an errand and I tried to take this on by myself. Bad idea!
I got a few shots the best I could do by myself. One of my favorite Christmas photos of Logan's first Christmas was him at our fireplace playing with wrapping paper wearing pajama's and a Santa hat. I took that same idea except no PJ's and tried to get all the boys positioned by our fireplace. Nate blinked everytime the flash went off or looked away, Andrew wanted to crawl away or cry, and Logan just wanted to make silly faces. The props included the Panda bear Tony gave me for my birthday. It was definitely a distraction. She no longer has her headband and the clothes were ripped off by Nate and she got drenched in drool.

Here's a link to my not-so-professional photos of my three sons.

I did sign all of our names on the card even though there's no photo of Madelyn (nor their parents). I did include a drawing of the map of China. We'll celebrate Christmas with Madelyn in our hearts and minds and she IS already our family.

4 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Everyone Has a Story... said...

I think you did a great job! I like the first one or the one where Logan is holding onto one of the brother's shirt and the other brother is trying to crawl away. Too cute! Madeline will be there soon!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

the pictures are soooooooooooo cute !!! Any one of them will work(except the one where Andrew didn't make it in the picture). I just love the pictures :-)

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

Great pics! My favs were 6 & 21, and 28 was funny!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger M3 said...

Cute pictures!!! You have the same problem that I do trying to get everyone looking in one direction and smiling at the same time. Craziness, huh? :-) I think you did an awesome job and definitely have some great shots to pick from.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home