Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas BPOH

Merry Christmas!!! Shannon is listing another BPOH for the Holidays so I decided to participate this time. I didn't put out all my decorations this year. Why? b/c of the youngest Hooker boys in the house. Need I say more?

Logan wanted to pose for this picture. I made this wreath in my Circle of Friends group from our church we moved away from. See my doorbell cover? It has a slide over it that says "Please Knock Thank You." People are actually starting to read it now and knock instead of ringing the doorbell and waking up the babies.


Yep, Our tree has been baby-proofed. Unfortunately it's not Andrew-proofed. He crawls over and reaches his hands through the little open slots on the gate and pulls off ornaments and has even ripped some wrapping paper. Our tree's ornaments are all different and have either been given to us from special people, made by Tony or myself in our earlier years, special ornaments bought for our children and some made by Logan. Many of them also are from places we've visited such as Disney World, Biltmore Estate, Gatlinburg, etc. We didn't take a vacation this year so nothing was contributed to our tree this year except ornaments for our kids. I also have my Dollar Tree Christmas village displayed beside the tree. I love the real villages but the Dollar Tree village is more in my money range.

The stockings were hung by the stairs with care. You can't see most of the names but from left to right it's Mom, Logan, Nathaniel, Andrew, Madelyn and Dad. We don't have a mantel in our new house over the fireplace b/c of the TV niche and I couldn't hang them too low b/c of Andrew crawling everywhere so I attached them to the stair rail with twist ties. Yep, we're classy people. Twist ties work wonders just like duct tape. (will post the rest later)

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the stocking hung by the stairs! Great idea! We don't have a mantel either. May steal this next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home