Thursday, November 16, 2006

More Stupid Questions

When you think you've heard them all, you're wrong. People can still ask stupid questions.

Yesterday's stupid question of the day while I'm at the mall pushing the double stroller around with two whiney babies...."So are these your first twins?"

That one made me pause. I've heard people ask if one kid is the only child or if there's more kids, but it's rare there are many multiples from one woman. It CAN happen though. I've seen it among the Moms of Multplies club I'm in. AND in my case, no this wasn't my first set but it still took me by surprise I was asked this.

I told her after a long pause, "No, this is not my first set. I miscarried a set of twins my first pregnancy." I think she swallowed her tongue. I didn't lie to her and I felt like telling her the truth. She then apologized for asking that question.

Can't wait until the day I push the triple stroller down the mall and get asked "are these your first set of triplets?" My response might be something like "no, got a set of quads back home and the septuplets have already gone off to college."

3 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- amazing what people think they can ask these days. Maybe the next time that woman feels like invading someone's privacy she'll think twice.

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

LOL!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Karen said...

GOOD for you! I think it is important to point out to people when they are stepping over the line!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home