Sunday, October 01, 2006

Referral Contact Information Review

We received this email from HFS Friday (edited to remove some personal info)....

William and Melissa

Although we haven't yet received a timeline for our next set of referrals, we are preparing for them by setting up our calling, Fed Ex,and e-mail lists. Just in case you haven't experienced this yet, as soon as we receive the referrals, we call each family and then e-mail the pictures we receive that afternoon so that you can see your new child as soon as possible. We then Fed Ex the information PriorityOvernight (when possible) so that you will have it the next day.Complete translations for the documents will then arrive in about threedays via e-mail. Please review the information provided below andconfirm your contact information.

Document Expiration

Please take a few minutes at this time to review the expiration datesbelow: > fingerprints (10/29/2006) > I-171H (2/9/07)Due to the lengthening referral time, you may find either of theseexpiring prior to your trip. If either your fingerprints or I-171Hwill expire prior to your traveling, you will need to update thembefore you leave to complete your adoption. We recommend that familiesconsider updating their I-171H if they have 3 months or less until itexpires and have not yet received their referral.If your fingerprints will expire, you should schedule a new fingerprintappointment, either by calling USCIS at 1.800.375.5283 or by going toyour local fingerprint location (some may not take walk-ins). You willneed to bring the receipt with you when you travel along with a copy ofyour updated I-171H (if you receive one). If you have a child who willturn 18 prior to traveling, you must have their fingerprints processedprior to your trip. Again, you must bring the receipt with you whenyou travel.If your I-171H expires, you will need to complete a new I-600A form andsubmit this form along with an updated home study and any additionaldocuments required. You will need to bring the updated I-171H withyou, so you won’t be able to travel until you receive this updatedform. Please notify our office immediately if you are in the processof updating your I-171H so that we can plan accordingly.

Home Study Updates

If you have updated any changed family life information, including anychanges due to adopting a Waiting Child, in order to receive a newI-171H, the following section may not apply to you. If your family has experienced a change in circumstances, such as a new job or new house,a home study addendum is required. This addendum must cover ther easons and affect of the change in circumstances.

Our phone numbers were wrong so I did update those with them. I'm sure I will be home the day I expect THE call. I'll make sure I'm home and my cell is completely charged just in case my home phone doesn't work. Vonage already has our home phone set to forward to my cell if our home phone is not working.

I'm starting to feel like I'm waiting for labor pains right now except this time it's not physical pain but mental/emotional pain (if there's such a thing). It's just going to drive me crazy wondering if the tomorrow or the next day is THE day. We're guessing now mid November is more like it but you never know these days what's going to happen.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

I've got goosebumps... it's soooo close!!!
We don't do the imigration forms or fingerprinting like you guys, will you have to do it again? What a pain in the butt. As they say though, as soon as you see your little one, it's all worth it!!!

Will Tony travel on his own? Sorry bout all the questions!!! I'm guessing, if you are referred this month, you'll be hearing around the 25th? 3 and a bit weeks away! WOOHOO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home