Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A New Paint Job

I claim to be no painter and I hate painting but I do love the outcome even if I'm not any good at it and there's paint in places it shouldn't be like on the ceiling. Every room in our house is the same color on the walls. We upgraded from the typical white paint on all new homes to what is called desert fawn when we signed the contract on this house. It's just not a color for a kids rooms. I decided to paint Madelyn's room this weekend and bought the paint for it Saturday. Sunday I got all the trim work done and today I finished up rolling the walls. The paint color is called Rain Forest. A few weeks ago I found this wallpaper border on clearance (I love Clearance shopping) at Sears for 0.99 cents a roll. It doesn't match up to Madelyn's crib bedding but it looks cute with the comforter on the twin bed in her room. On her furniture are little painted flowers. I still need to do some touch-up, take down the tape and move the furniture back to the right place. I'm going to hang her 100 Good Wishes Quilt on the wall once I find a quilt hanger that I can mount. I hope she loves her room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home