Monday, May 22, 2006

My morning so far....

What a morning I've had already. I can't even use the excuse that it's a "Monday" morning like I did when I worked in the corporate world b/c today is a typical day at the Hooker house.

It started off sometime around midnight when Logan got up and wanted to sleep in our bed. I was so tired and just wanted my space in my bed so I got him to settle on the couch. Unfortunately the couch was covered in stuff but I did the quick clean-up - throw everything in the floor. I make my way back to the bed only be woken up again before 3am by Nate. After feeding him he spit up all over me and my bed so I had to change clothes and threw a towel on the bed. Then Andrew had to be fed. Andrew was awake again before 5am. I got him settled back down and I went back to bed at the time Tony was getting up. Well, Nate was back up again after that. After Tony left and I got Nate settled again, I got a quick bath. Then I had to start getting Logan up and ready. He had a dentist appt at 8. I not only had to get Logan ready (dressed and fed) but the babies ready also. We finally made it out of the house and to the dentist on time. I noticed people were staring at me in the waiting room at the dentist office when I was trying to make a phone call to Tony for insurance information, rocking two babies in their carriers at the same time with my feet, using my left hand to hold Andrew's paci in his mouth, writing information down with my right hand, balancing a clipboard on my lap and had Logan leaning on my right side trying to talk to me at the same time. After hanging up the phone, a lady looks over at me and laughs. I just laugh back.

Logan was great at the dentist office. He did everything the hygenist told him to do and also let the dentist look at his teeth. He got a surprise when it was all over and a new toothbrush. I was asked about 3 times while there if I was babysitting. No one seems to believe Nate and Andrew are twins since they don't look alike and who else would be sane enough to take two babies and a 4 year old out by themself at the same time so I had to be a sitter I guess.

When we get home both babies are sleeping so I decided it was time to clean out the van. It's amazing what I can find when I get a chance to clean it out. I found $4, $20 gift card to Lowe's that was given to me several months ago, a car wash gift certificate I bought last December, and several other things.

Babies have both been fed twice since then. One projectile vomited on me, the couch and the floor. The other pooped all over himself and the couch and while I was cleaning him up he peed all over the changing table. He had to have a bath and the other still needs one. Then Logan had an accident and I had to clean him up.

And it's not even noon yet.

I'm exhausted. When others see what I go through with all three boys I get comments like "I don't know how you do it" and "and you still want another child?" I just do it b/c I love my children, and yes, I still want another child.

Now one is begging for food and another is crying. I love my job!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Wow! You really inspire me! Man, if you can get 3 kids out the door and dressed to the dentist I'm sure I can handle one. Wow, I'm worn out just reading about your day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home