Saturday, May 06, 2006

Guo-tie

Last night Tony picked up Chinese food for me for supper after picking up some seafood for himself and Logan. I'm not a big fan of fortune cookies but this morning I decided to open it and see what my fortune said. The fortune saying didn't interest me but I did turn it over to see what the learn Chinese word was. In Chinese is it "Guo-tie" which means "Pot Sticker."

So, what is a Pot Sticker? I found this photo of what it looks like. Small dumplings made of WON TON SKINS filled with ground meat or shellfish, chopped water chestnuts, scallions and seasonings. The pot stickers are browned on one side, then turned and simmered in broth. Pot stickers are usually served as appetizers, accompanied with various dipping sauces.
I don't think I'll be trying them. Doesn't look appetizing to me.

4 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Susan said...

We had a traditional dim sum dinner (basically Chinese appetizers) and had them in Guangzhou. They were good...ours weren't green. I guess it depends on what the wonton wrapper is made of.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger PinkDevora said...

Don't be scared off by the picture. Pot sticker can be really yummy!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Actually, pot stickers are incredibly good - but that picture did not do it justice! That doesn't even look remotely similar! Be adventerous and try them next time - I'm thinking you will like them~!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Ok, that photo looks disgusting! Pot stickers (in real life) are awesome - hands down my favorite Chinese food. Dip them in a little vinegar/soy sauce mixture and mmmmmmmm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home