Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Learn something new everyday

I took Logan to the ENT today to have him look at his tonsils. Our pediatrician said Logan's tonsils needed to come out. I was surprised to hear this since he's never had strep or any type of sore throat. As it turns out, his tonsils are almost touching. This causes sleep problems which causes other problems some similar to the symptoms of ADHD. Logan can be a hyperactive child and now we may know why. Hopefully having his tonsils removed will allow him to sleep better and maybe he'll not drive me so crazy every day. Here's a link to studies done on children having tonsils taken out that have sleep problems. He is scheduled for surgery on May 11.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I will be having mine out too! I will be having some more surgery so I have to wait on the CT to find out what all's involved but should be within the next couple of months. My tonsils are the size of softballs (or close) and I've had strep four times since Dec with three of those since the end of Feb!

Hugs to Logan and lots and lots of ice cream!

Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home