Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Five Years Ago

April 26, 2001 around 4pm, after sitting in a waiting room for an hour, Tony and I were told we would not be parents to our first twins. Two little hearts no longer were beating. It was the most heartbreaking news ever at that point in our lives. The doctor was a jerk about it. I can still remember him looking at us without a care in the world and saying "what can I say, DARN, it didn't work." The following day I had a d&c and was no longer pregnant after a long time fighting infertility.

Many women that are pursuing adoption have battled infertility and pregnancy losses. Before my first miscarriage, I didn't really think much about what they were and the fact that it is very hard emotionally for a couple to go through this. I have met so many women since that day that have endured this kind of pain. Hopefully one day the rate of miscarriages will drop even lower and not occur as often as it does now especially for women that it occurs over and over with each time conception takes place.

Hugs to all the women out there that have endured pain through infertility and pregnancy losses.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger NIKKI said...

Hugs to you!!! I've endured a loss three times. You are such an amazingly strong woman!!!
HUGE HUGS...hope you are feeling better.

The kiddos are absolutely PRECIOUS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home