Sunday, April 02, 2006

April Fool's Day has Passed thankfully

Oh, how I hate April Fool's Day. I was so glad to make it through a day without hearing any April Fool's jokes. As a kid, I loved April Fool's jokes. After 2001, I began to hate them. On 4/1/01 after 2 years of seeing doctor's and seven rounds of fertility drugs, I found out on April Fool's day I was pregnant for the first time. The day before I had taken a pregnancy test and it was negative. I had even been out two nights before assuming I wasn't pregnant (why would I have been, never had before) and had drank a few margaritas at a friend's house. I was watching a movie on 4/1 that starred Madonna (can't remember the name of that movie right now) and she was with a friend at a restaurant and started craving meat. The friend said to her that she thought she was a vegatarian. Immediately after they find out she's pregnant. That entire week I had been telling Tony all I wanted to eat was meat. We had even went to Applebee's and I had all you can eat ribs b/c I only wanted meat to eat. So, after watching that movie I took off to Eckerd's to buy another pregnancy test. When I got home I took that test and sure enough it was positive. We spent the rest of the day convincing others we were pregnant and it wasn't an April Fool's joke. Talk about the happiest day of our lives at that point. Unfortunately 4/26/01 I had an ultrasound revealing our identical twins no longer had heartbeats.

Another reason I hate April Fool's Day - Last year on 4/1 I spent the entire afternoon at the hospital with a perinatologist scanning our baby Reagan. That was the day we were told she was a girl but they could not tell why she had quit growing. We also learned she had SUA (single umbilical artery) along with the low fluid levels. We chose to have an amnio done b/c we really wanted to know what was wrong with her. We needed to be ready for what we were about to face, not knowing at that time it was death.

If those aren't good reasons to hate April Fool's Day then I don't know what is. I know our kids will one day make April Fool's jokes so I'll have to get used to that.

1 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Ugh, I've always hated April Fools day too, and I don't even have real reasons like you do. I know it's not much, but I'm sorry, and sending you hugs today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home