Thursday, March 30, 2006

New Social Worker

I was contacted today by our new social worker that will do a home study addendum for us since we've moved into a new home. I asked her what she was looking for and she told me that she would look through the house to make sure there was enough space to take in another child and then mentioned it would also say something about "the baby" and if he/she was healthy. I told her there were "babies" instead of baby and first thing was "Congratulations!" She was also excited to hear we were continuing with the adoption.

I wanted to post this b/c I've had several people contact me about our situation - adopting with newborns in the home. Many agencies have told couples they have to wait until the baby is a year, some say 6 months and all of these are telling their clients it's a China rule. As far as we know, it's not that. It's up to the agency. Our agency is aware that we have new babies in the home and are just fine with it as long as we still meet all the requirements for adopting from China.

We've decided to wait about a month before she comes giving us more time to get settled into our house. She said that didn't really matter to her but she understood why we preferred to get unpacked. I also want to try to work on Madelyn's room and have more in it besides a twin bed, changing table and the few items I've collected for her stored in her closet. I still can't decide if she's getting Logan's crib and furniture he had as a baby or if that will remain in the twin's room. I want her room perfect since she will be my only girl that I have a room to decorate for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home