Monday, March 20, 2006

Sleep

I've had very little sleep for months now. For several months I was miserable huge with the pregnancy and just couldn't sleep for not being able to get comfortable or having to get up and go to the bathroom constanly through the night. Since having the babies, I've been able to get a little more sleep only b/c it's painfree but since they are on a three hour eating schedule, it's been tough to get sleep at night uninterrupted and can't get sleep during the day b/c I'm home with Logan. Last night, Kricket stayed over and fed the babies all their feedings with formula. I am nursing them but I took a break so I could get some sleep for one night. I did get up and pump milk around 3 am and thought I'd sleep upstairs with all of them so I could hear them get up for the next feeding but I never woke up to hear Andrew ready to eat again. For me to sleep through a crying baby or any noise at that, I'm definitely tired. Normally a pin dropping on the floor wakes me up. I did stay up after that though and feed Nate and I was so refreshed I didn't bother trying to go back to sleep even though I had the chance. I got up, showered, and felt the best I've felt in days. This will all change again but I at least got one really good night's rest.

Those last few hours of my sleep when I went upstairs, I laid down in Madelyn's room. I temporarily setup a twin bed in her room for guests but it will soon have her crib and other belongings in there. Of course I thought of her and tried to picture how I want her room set up but I just haven't had time to get around to making my first "girlie" room. Kricket brought over girl clothes last night when she came. Madelyn already has a good collection started. I can't wait to find out how much she weighs so I can start focusing more on what sizes to buy for the right seasons. She is going to be one spoiled little girl (of course all the kids here are).

1 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Kellieandkids said...

I'm really glad that Bridget can be there to help you out. I'm sure you are completley exhausted and every new mommy needs her rest.

I was wondering if maybe you can pump for the boys? Breastmilk can be left out at room temp for up to 8 hours fresh! Seriously. I used to pump and I always had a bottle waiting for that middle of the night feed sitting on my nightstand. Just a suggestion...you do whatever you need to do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home