Sunday, March 12, 2006

A New Week Has Begun

One of the first things I have in email this morning is this link. I don't remember what grade or age I was when I memorized this psalm but I'm thankful I had Sunday School teachers to teach me things like this. It's definitely an inspiration, great reminder of all I believe in.

Normally we would be getting ready for church and heading out this morning to Sunday School and Preaching, but for the past few weeks we've missed out due to moving, then I couldn't make it out the weekend after for being in so much pain due to the pregnancy, and last week the twins were here and we were in the hospital. They are still on orders to not leave home so again we're here but to tell you the truth, if I tried to go today, I'd probably fall asleep listening to the teacher and preacher.

Have I mentioned how fortunate we are that the twins only had a short NICU stay? To be born at 34 weeks, their stay was very short compared to many 34 weekers. Andrew really didn't need NICU. It was hospital policy that under 35 weeks goes to NICU so he only stayed one night. Nathaniel's blood sugars were not stable and he was a lazy eater so that required a longer stay for him. Again, we are so blessed to have these healthy babies home with us.

I've actually been able to get more sleep the past 9 days the twins have been here than before. I was so uncomfortable carrying them that I couldn't sleep at all. Even when given a sleeping pill by my doctors, the pain overrode the pill and I still remained awake all night long. Now, sleep is easy to do but the time for it is gone.

Nate and Andrew eat every 3 hours or less. They go through spells where I can feed one, then feed the other and then the first one is hungry again immediately if he can even wait long enough for his brother to finish. The nights are really wearing us down. I am nursing them but we still have to supplement with a bottle sometimes.

I love my three sons and my soon-to-be daughter more than anything else in the world. They are what I've worked so hard for in the past 7 years. Seven years is a long time , but then again how many people have four kids in seven years? Finally, the end to infertility and pregnancy loss comes to an end. Madelyn will be here this year and our family will be complete.

Logan loves his baby brothers so much and always wants to touch them. Several times now he's mentioned going to China. Lots of people have said he would be jealous but so far that hasn't set in. I'm sure it will but for now he loves his brothers so much. I know the same will go for his sister too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home