Thursday, March 09, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy

These past few weeks have been the busiest weeks of our lives. Will life ever slow down?

Last night Logan began running a fever. He had fallen asleep on the couch which was not usual for him. Around 7 I decided to wake him and got him to cuddle in my arms. When he cuddled with me like a newborn baby, I knew something was wrong. I thought earlier in the day he felt hot and this time was no different. I took his temperature and got 100 degrees. Tony got him upstairs and changed and he slept until this morning.

Even though the fever broke, Tony wanted to take him to the pediatrician today just to make sure he was okay to be around the newborns. The fever is gone but he has lots of other cold symptoms that his doctor recommended he stay away for 4 days at least from the babies. Not only this, he's back up in his bowels again. We had to give him an enema at home. It would be at the time our water was cut off to the house due to a water leak down the road. He also needs his tonsils removed.

Kricket is saving the day (weekend). She has taken Logan into her home again. I feel so sorry for them b/c he's going to be pooping all weekend from the laxatives he's on. We went through this earlier when we moved into the apartment. It's a mess. I know there's stains in the apartment carpet we couldn't get up from poop accidents.

I am giving myself the Mommy of the Day award though today. I managed all by myself 6 days post partum to take both Nate and Andrew to the pediatrician after Logan got back. It's my first adventure out not pregnant. It's amazing how much more room I have between me and the steering wheel now. No more big belly!!! Double Snap N Go strollers are the BEST! I'm glad I got that recommendation from the Multiples club I joined. The car seats snap right on and the stroller is very light weight. The doctor said I scared her coming in with those babies all by myself barely out of the hospital. My back is in so much pain after all that.

While there I had my blood pressure checked. Since giving birth I've had high bp so my OB office told me today to have the pediatrician office check it while there. It was 134/96. Not too bad but that bottom number isn't that great either. I've got to call this in later and see if I have to keep my OB appt now. I hope not b/c I'll have to take the twins with me.

Update on the Twins....they are doing great. Both have lost weight but within normal range. They go back in 2 weeks. They slept the entire ride there and back. I fed them a little while at the dr's office. They only cried while on the scale probably b/c they were stripped down to nothing and neither of them like to be naked.

I miss Logan so much. We only had him back two nights before he had to go off again. We had no other choice though but to send him somewhere else. He's missing preschool also.

I haven't heard back from my mom yet but I think my grandfather's funeral is Saturday with receiving friends Friday evening. I'm doubtful I'll go. It really does bother me that I can't go. When I was pregnant with Logan, my uncle died. I had just been placed on bedrest with high blood pressure and could not travel. I can't take the twins out in public yet b/c they are preemies and do not need to be exposed to sicknesses. I can't even have my own son in my house so I surely can't be around lots of other people with them. I also can't see leaving them for several hours to travel.

It's feeding time again. After that, I'm thinking nap time and not just for the babies but for ME.

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I am amazed as I read through your site! God bless ya with twins, a small one and an adoption pending?? LOL!! You go girl!

Congratulations on the babies, glad to hear they are doing well and I am sorry to hear about your grand dad.

Take care!!
Lisa :)

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

LOL! Maybe a bit too much info (re: stains on carpet from poop accidents!!!!)
Fantastic that both bubs are home with you - pity Logan isn't!!!
And in answer to your opening question.... no, it probably won't slow down!!! At least your time should fly while waiting for Maddy's referral
Lee-Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home