Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

My Valentine's Day didn't start out too well but it ended pretty darn good.

I didn't sleep last night...nothing new. That's been going on for a while now. I also got up with a sore throat and scratchy voice. I was up and out early to physical therapy. Logan's teachers had forgotten that he would be late so they thought I had went into labor. I surprised them showing up 45 minutes late for school. Logan got a bunch of candy from his preschool party today. He at least had a good time if I had a bad morning.

After my OB appointment I discovered I locked my keys in the van. I have a bad habit of doing this. Before going in I remembered I had not checked my blood sugars after breakfast so instead of putting my keys in my purse after I parked, I pulled out my meter and laid the keys in the passenger seat. I have to show my blood sugar numbers to the doctors every visit. I at least remembered that when I went in. I had to call Tony to come rescue me with his set of keys. Unfortunately the distance from his work to my doctor's office is about 35-40 minutes away so he missed getting a lunch break. What a great Valentine I have though to come to my rescue.

After making that call to Tony to come open my van doors, I tried making another call on my cell. I've been having lots of problems with it for a while now (thanks to dropping it a few times) and today it decided to finally give up. I could make calls out but couldn't hear anyone but they could hear me. Since I could pop anyday with babies, Tony's next gift to me for Valentine's day was another phone. He didn't want me out alone without a way to call him or anyone for help. So, I'm the proud owner of the cheapest Alltel phone sold right now (and let me say it wasn't cheap). Later on I did get a cute text message from my Valentine telling me he loved me. I was drivng so I didn't reply.

After leaving the Alltel place, I came close to wrecking. I have no brain cells lately and for some reason when I was trying to get back on the highway to come home, I thought I was taking the wrong exit but it really was the right one. I turned onto the exit ramp and then tried to get back on the road immediately after b/c I was thinking I was going the wrong way and almost hit the curb and didn't even look for cars coming. I felt like I was going to overturn the van. Anyway, I took a few deep breaths and did a U-turn and tried again. I made it home safely thank goodness. Then I spent the rest of the day changing our address and transferring utilities over to our new house.

My doctor today did make my day by prescribing something to help me sleep. I'm hoping tonight to get a few zzzz's. He also wants me going to the hospital twice a week for NST's. Unfortunately they can't make appointments so I have to call every Monday and Thursday morning and ask "when can I come in today?" and it could be at that very moment or much later. I'm so glad I've got some friends to help me out with Logan b/c that's one thing I'd rather not drag him along for. It made me wonder what do working moms do in that situation b/c I'm sure many employers would not allow a person to walk out without warning to go to a doctor's appointment. Good thing I don't work anymore outside the home.

Tony decided after work that we deserved a good meal for Valentine's Day but I didn't feel like going back out. We ordered take-out from one of our favorite restaurants - Carrabba's. When he got there the order was wrong so they offerred him a $45 gift certificate to come back and didn't charge for the corrected meal. It was delicious but they still made one mistake in the order they thought was corrected - they put celery in my salad - YUCK!!!! I don't know how people eat that stuff.

I did get a cute Valentine card that had a picture of a castle on it. He wrote "To My Beautiful Queen. We will be in our New Castle soon enough." Three more days until we hold the keys in our hands for our new house. I was cheap....Logan and Tony both only got 0.99 cent candy from me. I knew Logan would get a lot of candy and other Valentine's from school so I didn't go all out this time. He came home with bags of candy. Logan also doesn't care for stuffed animals (except for one Kricket gave him) nor balloons. He's the only kid I know that doesn't like balloons.

Logan and I are going tomorrow to Valentine's Day (one day late) party with the Moms Club I joined. We're having a pot luck lunch and the kids will be making crafts.

Happy Valentine's Day to Madelyn all the way over in China and all the other orphans waiting on their families.

1 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

What a bummer the day started off so badly! At least you got a free dinner (even with free celery!) Happy Valentines!
Lee-Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home