Friday, December 16, 2005

A Surprise in My Mailbox

Tonight I found an envelope in my mailbox with a present just for me in it....Steven Curtis Chapman "All I Really Want for Christmas" CD. I received this from a wonderful new friend I met this year. She and I were introduced after the loss of our daughters to the same birth defect. We've never met in person but it seems like we chat almost every day and have developed a great friendship.

Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife have adopted three daughters from China. The CD pictures him and his daughter Shaoey. I also have a book by the Chapman's Shoey and Dot. I've heard some of his Christmas music on the radio and can't wait to hear them all.

Thanks so much, Allison!!!!

2 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger M3 said...

Hey I didn't know that Steven wrote that book! It's been on my list to buy for awhile but I never connected the dots (no pun).

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

I finally got around to buying Shaoey and Dot, from Amazon. I've got 4 books now, A mother for Choco, Red Blanket, and Love you like Crazy Cakes. Love them all - but they all only have a Mum? No Dad. I've had to hide the books in the cupboard so Harry & Mikayla don't trash em before Bella even gets to see em!!! I'd like that CD too! Might send hubby out for it!
Lee-Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home