Saturday, December 10, 2005

My Early Christmas Present

I used my gift certificate today at Edamame Maternity spa for a massage and facial. It was wonderful! I enjoyed the facial the most. That was the 2nd facial I had ever had done and it was just as enjoyable as the first one. The massage felt great too, especially on the feet, but I was so tense during it. I laid on a mat made for pregnant women with the cutout belly part but I still felt like I was squishing my babies so I was worried the entire time and couldn't relax through it. My belly is very large right now and I can't imagine what it would be like much bigger than this laying on my tummy on one of those mats later on in the pregnancy. There's got to be a size limit on those cushions and I'm probably already at that limit.

The lady that did my facial also had a set of twins. She told me she was on bedrest by 23 weeks (that's me in two days) and delivered by 30 weeks. Her sons are 6 years old now and very healthy. My goal is to make it at least to 32 weeks and hope they can avoid NICU.

Of course I talked about Madelyn while I was there too. Everyone's reaction always seems to be "glad it's not me" when they learn we're having three kids in one year. It's getting old hearing this.

I kept a souvenir....flip flops. They told me the flip flops were disposable and to toss them in the trash when I was done. Maybe I'm weird but these flip flops looked better than the ones I had over the summer so I kept them and will probably use them walking to the pool in our new neighborhood this upcoming summer. Heck, I might need these if my feet swell up like they did at the end of my pregnancy with Logan.

Thank you, Tony, for my wonderful Christmas present. Hope there's another under the tree for me.

1 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

WOW! I've never had one of those spa treatments - I hate massages - I'm too ticklish!!! But would love the facial. What a hubby, hey! BTW, I reckon you're awesome for having 3 kiddies in one year - it'll be like having triplets! My friend has triplets, they have an older daughter too- and they are a fantastic family...it can be done! Logan is really lucky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home