Monday, December 12, 2005

"Mentions God"

I'm subscribed to two yahoo groups for my DTC date. They are suppose to be used for talking about adoption - the wait, preparing for the arrival, referrals, etc. Lately, however; there has been uproar about mentioning God in posts. I've been staying out of the conversation but it's really getting old and I'm ready to put my 2 cents in or maybe even unsubscribe.

Obviously there are non-believers on the group or either they have other religious beliefs and they are now offended with someone saying things like "this is all God's doings" or "God is in control" just to name a few. I'm a believer but if I found something I didn't believe in as far as religion goes, I'd hit the DELETE key. I can't understand why others don't do the same but instead they have to complain over and over about mentioning God in posts or either they want the subject field to include "mentions God" so they can delete before reading. It seems like every other message is complaining about this now. Can't these people just grow up and ignore the messages if they don't believe in God? Stop complaining so much.

In our situation, I do believe God is in control. The wait to referral was postponed for many reasons and I think the best reason for us was to give us time to adjust to having our twins first and then bring Madelyn into our home. I am upset I have to wait longer for my daughter but it is in our favor. It may even give me the chance to travel instead of Tony traveling alone (or with a friend). It also gives us more time to move into our new home and prepare for her arrival.

God is in control and there's nothing we can do about it and for those that don't believe in that or in him, then so be it. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

2 Comments:

At 4:07 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

Amen Melissa! And I mean that (not being sarcastic!) I am a believer too, and although I don't go on about "God's will" or "God's plan" every five minutes - I total believe that we walk in it every day, so I don't have to tell everyone about it!!! Aren't we sposed to be living in a Christian nation? Freedom of speech and all that?

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Kendra said...

I agree with Lee-Anne and Bridget! Of course I am also a Christian. Like Bridget, I get very annoyed with people who are intolerant of me and my beliefs. I do try to accept everything and everybody for what they are... I really do try to practice tolerance and respect with EVERYONE--be they of a different religion (or none at all), different ethnicity or culture, or different sexual preference. I know everyone doesn't believe as I do. I respect people's right to believe what they will. I just wish some of these very same people would respect my rights in turn. I do believe that God was in control of my daughter's adoption. I do believe that He was in control of the timing of it and also the conception of my son. I believe that God is in control of whether I wake up in the morning and breathe in and out all day. That is my belief and if I choose to say it, then I will, no preface given.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home