Sunday, December 25, 2005

Our Christmas Dinner


You guessed it.....Chinese Food. After all the unwrapping of presents, a nap and a little more playtime with the toys, we watched the old movie A Christmas Story. It's about a little boy that only wants a Red Rider BB gun for Christmas and everyone keeps telling him he'll shoot his eye out with it. Well, at the end of the movie, stray dogs destroy the family's Christmas dinner including the Turkey. They end up going out for Chinese. That made me want Chinese. I wasn't sure if there would be any restaurants open on Christmas Day but I called two different ones and they were both open. So, while Tony was out buying some more batteries, he stopped and picked us up Chinese take-out for our Christmas meal. We haven't had any since we moved so we weren't sure which places were the best. The food wasn't too bad but we've had better. It was a nice change from Turkey Holiday dinners. I've never cooked a turkey anyway but I plan on learning by next year when I have a family of 6 to feed.

1 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

I'm sure you were thinkin of Madelyn on Christmas day - it's only natural that you'd want to celebrate with some Chinese?!!! It looks yummy! Now I feel like eating Chinese food!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day, and relaxed. Lee-Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home