Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas in Beijing

While folding clothes I flipped through the channels on TV and caught a channel talking about Christmas in Beijing. I wish I could have seen the whole thing but it was showing Christmas decorations in Beijing. There were decorations of sleighs with Santa, Santa's by benches, and other red and green decorations. They showed a wreath made of blue feathers instead of branches from Christmas trees. One person said they tend to call Santa "Old Man Christmas". One couple was interviewed and said they loved Christmas b/c of the food. Maybe Madelyn is having Christmas in her orphange. I really don't know. I wish she could be with us for Christmas, but I was excited just to see that at least some parts of China were celebrating the Holiday.

Merry Christmas, Madelyn.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

Very sweet. Are you like me, if anything Chinese or remotely Chinese comes on TV - we have to watch it!!! Merry Christmas Melissa! Make sure those babies get well fed!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home