Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Comments Strangers Make

Today Logan and I met a friend and her kids at Chick-Fil-A. Logan and I went to the bathroom and as we were coming 0ut, a lady sitting with two other women leans over to me and says "you're shirt is up." I thanked her and realized I didn't pull my shirt back down over my big baby belly and the elastic from my maternity jeans was showing. The lady beside her says "Are you having twins?" I was definitely taken off guard wondering how in the world did she know this. I just smiled and said yes and walked off. Am I that large that it's noticable that there are multiples? I never ask a pregnant women when she is due or if she is having multiples unless I know them. There are sometimes women that look like they are expecting and they are not so it's just a bit rude to assume she is pregnant without knowing for sure. I felt a little embarrassed but yet glad I didn't look just fat and there was a reason why I had such a large belly in front of me.

What kind of comments am I going to get when people see me with twin boys and Madelyn? We've considered saying "they are triplets" and see what kind of facial expressions we get back. There may not be much of an age difference. There may be some that think I'm just babysitting all these kids and they can't possibly be mine. We're up for a challenge that's for sure.

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Kendra said...

I can't tell you how many people have looked straight at my two children and asked, "Are they twins?" Uh, okay.

It never ceases to amuse me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home