Monday, December 19, 2005

Furious with USPS

I'm so glad I have a FedEx account b/c after today my packages will never go out by USPS again (at least not through any office in Charlotte). The USPS worker ticked me off so much today. I decided to go to this post office b/c it's smaller than the one I normally go to and figured the lines would be smaller. They were smaller but it was still a long line. There are two people at the counter working and man strolling the lines to check boxes and help people get them boxed up correctly. This man hanging out in the lines was an employee and he saw my box and after I told him it was media mail, he said the box was okay and to tape it up, so I grabbed some tape and started doing that but then he said I had the wrong tape and if I used it I couldn't send media mail. So I ripped it off and asked him if the people at the counter could tape it. I explained that I didn't tape it b/c in the past I had to prove I had media mail and had to unwrap a package before.

Anyway, after waiting and waiting in line I get to the register and the lady first tells me my box is too flimsy. The man I had already spoken with had said my box was okay which I told her and so she said I had to tape it up. I said right back and pointed to the man I had spoken with that he said it could be taped up at the counter. There was tape laying on the counter and I picked it up and she says back to me "No, you have to go buy your own tape" and points to where it is. I said, "No, I'm not getting back in line just for tape after I've already been told it could be taped up here." She repeated again with a hateful voice to buy my own tape and not to use what was in my hand even though it was the exact same tape. She said I would have to wait until another person was available to help me and get back in line. I was ticked off. I turned around and said out loud, "Heck if I'm waiting back in this long line." I got some facial expressions back that told me the others agreed with me and I stormed out that door. I was so mad. I had Logan with me too so not only was I wasting my time there, I was having to keep him from being the typical 3 year old boy.

Fortunately I have some FedEx labels that I had requested during all the paperchase for the adoption and will be sticking one of these on my box. They'll be getting more business from me from now on. If anyone knows where I can put in a complaint on USPS workers, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home