Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

Mine and Tony's conversation this morning.....

M: So, today is New Year's Eve. 2006 has got to better than 2005.

T: 2005 wasn't so bad.

M: Don't you remember the entire month of April?

T: But we also completed paperwork for the adoption, found out we're expecting twins, I got a better job making more money....

M: But 2006 we'll have our twins and we'll have Madelyn here

How much better can that be to bring in three children into your home in one year? We'll also be moving in to our new house hopefully in the next 30 days. Sounds like a good year to me.

My resolutions for 2006:

1. I will get a full night's sleep one day, may not be until end of 2006 but I will get it. (Lately I can't sleep b/c of back pain from carrying these babies and I'm up all night long.) When the twins arrive, I can forget sleeping through the night and there will also be some adjustments too when Madelyn arrives. Maybe by December next year we'll all be settled in and have normal lives (fingers crossed).

2. I will become more physically active (that's a given since I'll have four kids to take care of.)

3. Works towards becoming debt free except for House and Adoption Expenses. After 2007 we can work towards paying off Adoption loans after we're able to file the adoption tax credit. Tony and I are taking a Crown Financial Class at church which is a Biblical Financial Study. Our goal is to pay off small debts and work towards savings and retiring early and being able to help our children through college.

I could list more but I probably wouldn't keep those resolutions. At least these three are good goals to aim for and possibly achieve.

Happy New Year's to everyone!

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger M3 said...

Happy New Year!!!

Those sound like good resolutions. I always make a resolution to lose weight and then completely ignore it. So I'm skipping that one this year!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

Sounds like some good plans for this year!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home