Thursday, July 14, 2005

11 Documents Authenticated

I made the dreaded trip to Raleigh, NC today. The drive there wasn't too bad even though it was raining until I got to Raleigh. I don't understand why this city can't have road signs on both sides of the roads and why you are automatically on another road b/c the one your own actually makes a left turn but there's no warning or road signs to indicate it. I allowed 2 1/2 hours to get there and still showed up late. I circled around the capital twice trying to find a public parking space. I ended up three blocks away and didn't know this until I found a FedEx guy to tell me where to go.

Why 11 and not 12? What about the 13th? I took 12. I didn't realize that Tony's employment letter is notarized by a Florida notary. That means it has to go to Florida, but Kim Sumrow is gong to take care of this (our DC). I have a credit of $10 for the 13th document - I 171H. I didn't know what to expect when I got there. I had Logan with me along with a friend's daughter, Nicole, to help me with Logan in case I had to go back into an office and it was not appropriate to take him. It turned out I stayed in a waiting room with toys while they took my documents away from me. Kinda scary that I had a stranger take my documents I had worked so hard on and disappear.

I wanted to get everything photocopied today and sent back to my dossier consultant but I didn't make it b/c we had to rush back for swimming lessons and VBS. I haven't even looked at the forms that come with the authentications.

If anyone needs to go to Raleigh for the state authentications, there is parking on Martin St. If there's something closer, I don't know where it is. I had almost two wrecks trying to find parking and started screaming at the kids to turn down the movie so I could concentrate (and it wasn't even loud). I'm so glad to be back home. I'm not a BIG city girl even though I've lived in Charlotte and may move back there soon, I do not like Raleigh.

One funny thing that happened while we were there in the Old Revenue Building - we were looking for the restrooms and got behind a group of people in suits and probably big money making people. Logan starts singing out loud "Old McDonald had a Farm....E I E I O" and one man turns around and says to the group "Looks like new employees in training". I don't know why they said that but it was funny how they were laughing at Logan. I'm so used to him singing this song that it doesn't even phase me anymore when he starts it up for no reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home