Thursday, June 16, 2005

Message from APC group

This was sent out today and I sent it to our DC to verify if this is true or not.

Good morning everyone. The following is a change that affects the
processing of the new I-171H. The folks at the US Dept of State
yesterday told me that all I-171H's that go through the US Dept of
State no longer need a state seal. You do not have to send the
I-171H to your state Secretary of State's office for authenticating.
The US Dept of State will now authenticate the document as is.
Provided the document has the new Homeland Security logo, in color,
in the upper left hand corner. This is the new document. The seal
from the US Dept of State will read that it is from the Bureau of
Homeland Security.
If there is a state seal on the document, the US Dept of State could
remove it. If the I-171H is to be sent directly to a Consulate, it
will still need the state seal... for the moment. According to three
different staff persons at the US Dept of State, all I-171H's should
go through the US Dept of State from now on. They're probably biting
off more than they can chew... and, this is all still being fleshed
out. So, for now, I would say get your I-171H state sealed unless
they fall under the jurisdiction of the Washington, DC
Embassy/Consulate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home