Monday, June 02, 2008

It's time for a new camera...

so, I'm asking around. What's the best out there for a beginner photographer?

I'm not a pro. I like to take pictures with my little Cannon that fits in my pocket. It's probably the best camera I've ever had and my third digital, BUT I'm ready to upgrade. I want one that is a little more complicated but not too complicated I can't figure it out on my own. I don't make it to studios b/c my kids are crazy in them. I could save money taking my own and having them printed of what I REALLY want and not having to figure out package deals.

Here's the recommendations I have so far and would love to hear what others have to say...

Nikon D300 Way out of my price budget for a camera.

Nikon D40

Nikon D80

The Parks and Recreation Dept for the city we live in sent a flyer with some classes for city residents and one was a Photography 101. It's on Saturday's which means I could take them BUT you have to have a camera already. They prefer a Canon "Rebel" or Nikon "D".

My birthday is next month so anyone looking to give me a present ***hint, hint*** here's an idea.

4 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I have the Nikon D50, which has been replaced by the Nikon D40. I like it. We looked at both the Nikon and Canon, but ultimately chose the Nikon b/c it used the memory cards we already had. Simple deciding factor, but it worked. I've been wanting to upgrade to the Nikon D300, but I'm like you - it's out of my budget right now. I'm still holding out hope, though :)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Kelley G said...

I just bought a Nikon 40Dx. I love it. It is really easy and will not let you take a bad picture. I chose to go with the Auto focus and bought the package with the additional 55-200 lens. Check out fotoconnection.com

I found it there cheaper than you can buy the Nikon 40D at Best Buy, etc.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

I really like my Rebel XT. Got it refurbished or like new at half what a new one costs. I lurves it!!

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I have had the Nikon D40x for almost a year now and I LOVE it! I'm still amazed at the pictures it takes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home