Thursday, March 20, 2008

HELP How do you Stop a Ripper?

 
I can't stand this anymore. I'm so tired of cleaning up messes b/c Madelyn has the need to rip up stuff. Today it's chicken. I gave the tots three chicken strips cut up into small bite sizes and this is what Madelyn did with hers. She has ripped them to shreds. Nate ate his and Andrew didn't touch his like always. I am making her pick each piece up now and put it in a bowl. This is crazy. Is this being a girl, a toddler or is this some sort of pyschological issue we need to address with her doctor? Every day I'm cleaning up something she's ripped up. Why does she feel the need to do this all the time?
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

From what you have told me, it seems like this is a compulsive habit. My immediate idea that popped in to my head was legos. Pulling apart legos is sort of like ripping - the action is the same. But the larger toddler legos aren't going to give her the satisfaction that she gets from ripping things up in to tiny pieces, and the normal legos are too small for her to safely play with unless you are right there with your eyes glued to her.

I'm not really sure what to say. What is her temperament before she starts ripping? What is it when she is in the middle of ripping? And how does she seem when she is done? It sounds like it is a form of comfort for her.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My girls rip stuff up to. I don't know what to think. I have pictures of them ripping paper to shreds. They also pick their nuggets apart. They will eat some of what they shred.
It does get old.
Your kids are to cute and I love reading your blog.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Its a Xiushan thing! :) Lauren does the same thing. She ripped up her chicken nugget in the car and was throwing pieces of them at me. Fun! Tonight she got a hold of a black magic marker and was very proud to show me the new design on her pants leg. Gotta love em!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home