Thursday, March 20, 2008

Some Things My Family Can't Do Without

I've done my last load of laundry for the day. Unfortunately, my laundry is still piled halfway to the ceiling. I ran out of detergent. Most families would jump in the car and head to the store and buy more at this point. For me, I'd rather just see this pile for a little longer until Tony or myself can go to the store alone. I can't even jump in my car now with the three youngest b/c I have one carseast disassembled since Andrew upchucked again all over his seat. The cover to it is in the washer now. I'd have to wait for it to finish washing, dry on its own (would tear up in the dryer), assemble the seat back together, install it back in my car, get the three ready and load them all just for a bottle of detergent. It's not worth it.

So this made me think about other things my family can not be out of....
1. Detergent
2. Bananas - It's not good when one starts screaming for "nannies" b/c then the othre two hear and they start.
3. Milk
4. Diapers and Wipes - right now I'm down to the last wipes container
5. Tissues - for Madelyn's unstoppable nasal drainage
6. Waffles - favorite breakfast food at this time. Waffles and Milk are the first words of the day
7. Dishwasher soap - I know I could wash all of them by hand but I'd be washing sippy's for hours. I Love Dishwashers!
8. Ear plugs - okay, so this is optional but I typed this as they all screamed at the same time running in circles chasing each other. I don't have any but there are times these would definitely come in handy.
9. Sense of humor - Tony has enough for all of us but if I didn't have some, I wouldn't make it through the day with three toddlers.
10. Cribs - Why do people keep asking me when I'm going to put them in toddler beds? When you've got three, they stay in cribs until they crawl out. By Logan's second birthday we started working on transitioning him to toddler bed. Not with these three. No way. I need sleep. I need them to be in their rooms at night and know they are safe in their cribs. These cribs are staying.

There's more I could add like the washer and dryer that goes with the washing detergent, which by the way we're getting a new set delivered next week. My eleven year old machines are retiring at our house. They just can't keep up with our family of six. Thankfully I do not have to go to a laundry facility to do my laundry. I'd have to get my own truck to haul our laundry there and need cranes to carry the loads into the facility. So that may be exagerating a little but there are days I think my laundry pile never gets smaller. I asked another family of six last week how they keep up with laundry and the answer was "We don't." That's not what I wanted to hear.

4 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Stacey T. said...

In regards to number 10: Our son stayed in his crib until he was almost 4. After we moved him to a toddler bed he really, really wanted his crib back. Cribs rock!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Terri said...

As for keeping up with laundry, a friend with 3-4 kids had 2 washers and 2 dryers in her laundry room, so she could keep up with laundry.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Too funny! I can relate my friend and I only have 1 toddler. Lauren is 2.5 year old and is still in her bed for the same reason. Hubby actually took our laundry to the laundromat and finished it in 2 hours for the same price as a bottle of Tide. Not bad! :) We have considered this as a new option...otherwise the laundry is never finished and the washer is always running.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Dena said...

Someone asked me this weekend if Piper was going to a bed soon. Are they crazy? I don't have another baby needing that crib, why on earth do I want her to have the ability to roam on her own during sleeping hours???
Ella stayed in the crib till after 3 and it was great for everyone.

I sure hope the allergist can give you some help with M's congestion. That has got to be such a pain, you must get so tired of wiping her nose all of the time, and I know Piper hates having her nose wiped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home