Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Getting Cupcakes Should NOT be a Logistical Challenge

I knew all year long that when Logan's classmates had birthdays at school, most parents send in cupcakes for all the kids. I have been planning to do this also. I emailed the teacher this morning just to make sure they ate the cupcakes during their lunch time and was told yes. I knew I had to take store bought cupcakes (something I previously posted about) only b/c the stores tend to include ingredients and hopefully they are coming from clean environments. What I didn't know until today is that beforehand I'm also to send in carb count and serving size. Logan has a classmate with diabetes so I understand why they ask this of parents.

What many don't understand is how difficult of a challenge this is for us. While eating supper tonight, Tony and I had to plan out HOW we would pick-up these cupcakes from school. If I picked these up the evening before, I'd probably have to have room in our refrigerator for two dozen cupcakes. We don't always have this space nor can I guarantee no one in this house will damage these goodies while they sit here at our house.

Picking the cupcakes up the same day doesn't work so well either. Tony has to work. That means I would have to take all three kids to the grocery store. Most grocery stores do not have buggies to seat three which would mean I would have to pull a buggy with the cupcakes and push a buggy with the kids in it. Nah! Don't like that idea. If I order from BJ's Warehouse, I might can get a cart that seats our three that doesn't involve any of them sitting in the larger area of the cart and then pick up the cupcakes and put them in the cart so I can get back out to the car.

If I can successfully pick up the cupcakes with three kids in tow, then I have another challenge - how do I get the cupcakes to the classroom? I can't leave the kids in the car. I can't put them in a stroller and carry the cupcakes. It takes both hands to push a triple stroller. I can't trust they would walk with me or follow me if I carry the cupcakes. I can't guarantee I will not drop them while trying to tote these kids to the classroom. I am known for my clumsiness without three distractions, so adding them into the picture the probability of an accident occurring is high.

I shouldn't have to hire a babysitter so I can go to the store and pick-up cupcakes and deliver to Logan's classroom.

Why do some of the simplest tasks turn into difficult challenges when three toddlers are involved?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home