Monday, February 25, 2008

Another reason why I hate to drive

In the past few years I've developed a fear of driving, mainly on highways. I know what it is, I'm terrified of having an accident with all of my kids in the vehicle. Most of the time that I drive, I have at least one of my kids with me if not all four. I am so afraid of something happening to them, not so much myself as I am afraid of hurting them especially if it was my fault.

Today I was given another reason to fear driving. One of my step-brothers was in a car accident during the night. I received a call this morning that he has broken his back and was going into surgery. That's about all I know at this time. He definitely needs prayers today.

Several years ago my grandfather was hit by a car while he was crossing a road. I think it was the same year that one of my cousins died from injuries from a car accident. I think I have some good reasons why to fear driving.

Now when I am a passenger with Tony driving and we're going through heavy traffic, I have to do something to take my attention off the road. I can not watch the cars or watch Tony switching lanes so he'll usually give me his phone which has internet access and I'll check my email or search for something online to keep my attention off the road. I would never survive living in the big cities if I had to drive. I'm sure I'd be taking some sort of public transportation everywhere I went.

Many prayers to my brother and his family right now.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

My prayers are with your brother. Let me know how his surgery goes. Hopefully he'll have a fast recovery. /hugs /hugs /hugs

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Heza Hekele said...

The only thing to fear is fear itself. Perhaps taking a defensive driving course or something of the like would be a good way to build up your confidence a bit more?

My thoughts are with your brother and his family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home