Thursday, September 27, 2007

10 Years Ago....

I was sleep deprived (probably not as much as these days)

I was anxious about the days events

I walked outside and laid down with my dog Lady and hugged her and talked to her like she knew everything I was saying even though she couldn't speak back

I was on a schedule, certain things had to be done at a certain time that day - hair, make-up, everything had to be perfect

I remember one of my friends losing her dyed green satin shoes

I remember Tony wanting to talk to me but I stuck with the "rules" and he wasn't going to see me before that special moment - no superstitions would ruin this for me

I remember the chaos as my friends and I made sure everything was just perfect

I remember walking down that isle and feeling beautiful, everyone was watching me, I was the center of attention.

I remember Tony reading a poem he had written just for me in front of all our family and friends that described the love he had for me and the dreams of having a lifelong commitment to each other

I remember the music, the solos, and the vows we wrote

I remember the tears of joy I shed

I remember the words "I DO".

Happy 10th Anniversary, Tony!

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a lovely post. Today 9/27 would of been my parents 49th wedding anniversary. I hope you and Tony have many many more Happy Anniversarys.
Donna

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

Happy anniversary to two of my closest dearest friends in the whole world!! I didn't know Tony wrote you a special poem?! awwwww, that is just soooo precious!!!! and so romantic!!

I love you guys. have a wonderful and blessed day!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home