Monday, March 05, 2007

Medical Exam and Pearls

This morning all the babies in our group had their Medical Exams. This is required and the documentation stays in China. On the way we stopped for Visa photos first. We had to have these to get the Medical Exam. The ME is three parts: weight, height, temp; ENT; and last an overall exam. It's not as thorough as an exam by our doctors back home. Madelyn weighed in at 9.3kg and 76 cm. She's the largest in our group. She also was diagnosed with double ear infection. The doctor's there prescribed her some Amoxicillan. It comes in a powder form that we have to mix with water. I had already given her Omnicef that was from our pedicatrician but it obviously didn't work.

Afterwards, several in our group headed towards the Pearl Market. It was a huge mall full of jewelry sold at wholesale. We only went to one Pearl store. I thought the prices were going to be cheaper but it was a good price compared to pearls back home. I don't wear pearls so I didn't get any for myself but I did get a real strand for Madelyn with matching earrings. I also picked up a few bracelets and earrings. Next we went to the Jade area. None of us in our group really were impressed. It's pretty but I didn't see any of us actually wearing it. The only rings were the ones all the way around or we could buy the stone to have a jeweler set it for us. They were probably more than the pearls. I might can find them around the little shops around our hotel at cheaper prices, maybe not as high of quality but still pretty.

Next Tony is heading out to a electronics wholesale with several from our group. I think I might take a nap with Madelyn.

Logan might lose a tooth. He was being his wild self at the jewelry place and fell and now one of his top front teeth is loose. Guess we'll be seeing a dentist when we get home. He'll never forget where he lost his first tooth if it does come out completely before we get home.

1 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

I think it's lovely that you've bought pearls for Madelyn. It'll always be special that they were bought for her, on your first trip to China, the trip that made you a family.

Madelyn seemed to cope with the medical pretty well - even with a double ear infection! What a little trooper she is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home