Saturday, March 03, 2007

So how's Madelyn doing....

I got so caught up in all of China that I haven't even posted an update on her. She just seems too easy compared to having had twins at home. She does have her moments though.

Madelyn is a silly girl for sure. She whines and whines for no reason but then you look at her and she grins ear to ear with her pointy toungue sticking out, mouth wide open. Then if you turn away, she's back to whining. She wants complete attention.

She loves the stroller. We borrowed one from Ladybug Corner. At first she was not happy about it and then she figured it out. Tony strolled her around the block while I was in a store and she came back all smiles.

She still has a cold and cough. I gave her antibiotics and I've also been giving her pediacare but she's still got a fountain of snot down her nose. At dinner last night after switching her over to Tony, some of the others in our group got a good laugh at my shirt that was completely covered in mucous. GROSS! She loves to wipe her nose on our clothes.

During the night last night she woke up once crying. I tried to soothe her without a bottle but it didn't work. Then I went on a bottle hunting adventure. Since we just got to the hotel, I had not pulled out all the bottle liners just yet b/c I had some already together with the right amount of formula and cereal and just needed water. Well, I didn't think about it before bed that I was out of already prepared and clean bottles. I can't find the bottle liners anywhere for our 8 oz bottles. I've searched every piece of luggage. Maybe it was left behind in Chongqing. Luckily I have 4 oz bottle liners too so I was able to use that this morning but during the night I had to get out the orphanage bottle. After fixing it she wouldn't take it. Little stinker! The bottle from the orphanage has a much bigger hole in the nipple and it drains out really fast. She makes the biggest mess with it. The nannies must have changed her clothes frequently after feedings. After this mornings feeding she's back to sleep with her daddy in the bed. I had taken her clothes off just before b/c the first 4 oz bottle I gave her, the liner busted as I was squeezing the air out so she's asleep now with no clothes on. I bundled her up in the blankets and she's up against a big heater (her daddy) so she should be okay. (This hotel has good air conditioning thank goodness but it's a bit chilly this morning.)

One of the store owner's hear asked me if Madelyn was two years old. When I told her she was only ten months old I think she was in shock. She's a big girl...not fat, just long. She has a big round head (little flat in the back from laying in the cribs for so long) and a long skinny body. Once we get home and start her on real baby food, she'll fill out more and hopefully her legs and back will get stronger and she can sit up and start walking before long.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

Wow she must be long, if someone thought she was 2!!! She sounds like a fantastic baby! So great that she's sleeping so well.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

Now that I have my sewing machine I can make some pretty little summer dresses for her when you get back. You still want me to make the bows for her hair? It sounds like she is doing great. How is the bonding? You haven't posted on that so I was curious.

Her blanket it just about done! It's looking beautiful! Everyone who sees it loves it. I just hope she does.

Love you all and miss you lots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home