Sunday, January 07, 2007

Medical Report

Last night, or should I say early am, at 12:04 am I got online to check emails and discovered I had been sent Madelyn's medical translation just two mintues before. I had been out with friends to Wal-Mart and Starbucks so I was wide awake. I'm glad I was up b/c I wouldn't have know until this afternoon after church. I plan on taking this report to our pediatrician tomorrow but to me it looks like she is a very healthy girl. It seems like she's petite but everything looks good on the report. I'm not a doctor so I would like a professional opinion on the translations.

We received some personal information on her that I think should be kept private.

I do have her Chinese name translated:
Xiu - family surname (we already knew this); means beautiful, elegant, excellent;
Fu - means good fortune, blessing; happiness
Yang - means of water; vast
I still don't know if we'll keep part of this name or not.

We also learned from the report that she's clever, has a big, bright smile, laughs outloud, and her character is defined as an introverted, quiet little cherub who likes to smile. This alone tells us she fits into our family (except for quiet part - LOL!).

She's so precious and must be a true angel in her SWI to be characterized as a cherub. I really hope we can get some update information before traveling.

I've started a care package. So far I have three little t-shirts, three socks, disposable cameras, sample Mary Kay lotions and cleansers for nannies, and a few other items. We're going to fill up a men's size 13 shoe box full of goodies to send to Xiushan SWI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home