Thursday, January 04, 2007

What's Next?

Wish we knew. I sent out some questions to our travel group. I think everyone must still be in shock. We think what's next is just waiting on translations and then we'll have our pediatrician review Madelyn's records. We're making packing lists, researching her orphanage, looking at hotels in Chongqing, reading about Xiushan and finding as much information as possible, joining all sorts of mailing lists, plus some. I'm also picking brains of past travelers and adopters. I welcome any information for pre-travel time and during travel that will help us.

3 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

well, I would suggest talking to Karen about the packing, what you'll need, that sort of thing - she is the most organized person I know and likely has a spreadsheet or something. :)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger J Brant said...

I wanted to pass on my congratulations. I am so excited for your family, it seems like not so long ago I was writing to you in a panic to make sure everything would be ok with my own adoption upon finding out about my own pregnancy and I will never forget your kindness in responding right away and sharing your knowledge. I wish you all a wonderful 2007 with Madelyn, she is precious.
Love
Jennifer

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Doug and Terrye said...

I just stumbled across your blog and was delighted to see that you just received your referral. We received our call 1/4/06! You asked for advice so let me just say, we OVERPACKED! Plan on sending your laundry out and only take 3 or 4 outfits...and don't forget to crosspack. Also, we needed reading material for the down times of waiting for our daughter. Paperbacks are great because you can leave them behind.
Terrye in Fl
www.graceelyseshirley.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home