Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bloggy Parade of Homes

Shannon has decided to start a Bloggy Parade of Homes. This week is entry/foyer week. Well, no photo will be up for mine for a while. My foyer is covered with all kinds of stuff right now. It's a mess. The pictures should go up Friday so if I get started cleaning, I might be done by then. Most of my spare time these days is spent resting b/c I need it after caring for three kids and that's normally very short amounts of time a day. Most of my computer time, like now, is spent holding a baby and typing at the same time.

I am excited about something I bought today for my porch. I will share a picture of it later when I get it cleaned up. It's a nice wooden bench. My friend that shares the same name as me found out about this lady who has a company that goes in and cleans out homes after people move. The people moving out leave lots of stuff like furniture, household goods, etc. Today I bought this bench, a practically brand new upholstered chair, large floor rug, large mirror, utility shelves and three stools for $38. I'm going to paint the bench and used it outside on my porch. I might have bought more but the warehouse all this is stored in had no a/c and we had all the kids with us and everyone was miserable in this hot weather.

I have started so many projects around the house and it seems I never get around to finishing them up. I'm working now on taping up the playroom to get it ready to paint. I've bought shelves and have painted them but haven't hung them. Logan and the twins got some old trains from my recently deceased grandfather and we are going to put these up on display in their rooms. I'm hoping to have some help next week from a friend of mine's teenage daughter. If she can help me entertain the kids, I'll get more done around the house. Maybe then I can take more pictures for the Bloggy Parade of Homes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home