Sunday, November 13, 2005

Pain, Pain Go Away

Last night I made my 3rd (I think) in a lifetime Emergency Room visit. It wasn't pregnancy related. I've had enough of this pain in my right upper quadrant now and was hoping to get an answer to why it hurts so much. Last week I spoke with nurses all week and saw my OB on Thursday and was treated for indigestion. I know it's not that. There's no possible way. I think it's just a way of saying "your pregnant and most women have indigestion so that's what is has to be," but I have listened to them and took Zantac twice a day since and it's only gotten worse.

Yesterday I had had enough so Tony and I made a trip to the ER. After 3 1/2 hours at the ER, I left with no answer. Everybody I have explained the pain to has said it was my gallbladder. WRONG! It's gone, almost 2 years now since I had the surgery. I even had a gallbladder u/s last night I guess b/c they wanted to make sure it was gone. The doctor had no idea what was wrong and sent me home with a prescription for 10 pills of Darvocet. Well, at least I got something for pain but honestly that's not what I wanted. I want to know "why". I have taken a pill today and it's only taken the edge off a little but I still hurt.

This pain is only getting worse and will probably not get any better as my pregnancy progresses. Pregnancy is probably causing the pain but no one can tell me why. I'm so frustrated. I hate hurting. The next step will probably be to see a gastroenterologist and I'm sure they'll either say they don't know or they will not touch me until I have the babies. I don't know what I'm going to do.

2 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Youch, that does not sound fun! Hope someone can figure out what it is. I hate it when I take the time to go to a doctor and they can't figure out what's wrong.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

Gotta hate pain that no-one can account for. At least child birth, although painful, you get a result! Hope it goes away soon. Lee-Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home