Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Our Dogs

I've been stressing over finding a place for my dogs to stay while we are temporarily living in an apartment waiting on our new home. It's driving me nuts. Below are two pictures of our dogs. We adopted them from a shelter in 2001 after I had my first miscarriage. If I couldn't have children, I was going to have pets.

I found one place near our current house that will board for $300/month which is the cheapest I've found so far. This will really get expensive over 6 months. I've tried to find new homes for them also b/c if they can find a new home where they can be loved these 6 months, that would be better for them than being put up in a kennel. I wanted to post their pictures here in case any readers are interested. SPCA will post their pictures on petfinder.com as soon as I get their photos to them (mailing today).

Lacey is 4 year old, spayed female, mixed breed. She is about 80lbs. She loves to run after the ball when you throw it but doesn't want you to have it back.

Kayla is 4 year old, spayed female, mixed breed also and weighs about 30-40lbs. She wants to constantly be rubbed and sit in your lap. Notice she is not looking at the camera b/c she gets a bit scared sometimes at objects and will not let me get a good picture of her. She also likes to stay under my feet or on top of them making it even harder to get a photo.

Why aren't we taking them? Both dogs are used to the outdoors which I can't have an outdoor pet at an apartment. Even if they were to stay inside, the apartment would only allow 2 pets anyway and we are taking Leia, our kitten, with us. It cost $200 just to take her with us.

I'll miss them but if they can find new homes, we'll be happy to let them go. We're going to have our hands full after we move anyway with adjusting to a new city and waiting on Madelyn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home