Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The verdict is....

The contract on our house should be signed tomorrow. Woohoo!!! Will I miss this house? Sure, but I'm ready to go. We bought this house Nov. 1999. It was our first house together and we've had some good times and some really bad times here. I hate to leave the good memories but can't wait to get away from the bad ones. This is Logan's first home. I hope after we move into our temporary, back out, and then into our new one that we are there for a very long time. I'd like for Logan to stay at the same school system and keep the same friends. Same goes for Madelyn. I went to several schools and lost friends changing schools and don't have any life long friends like some people I know.

Tomorrow I start searching for our temporary home. We're going to sign a 6 month lease and hopefully move into our new home in March. I'm working on two places that might possibly board our dogs for those months....really hate to do that but at least I know they'll be taken care of. I've also got to figure out where to store a lot of our furniture b/c there's no use in putting it all into an apartment that is smaller than our current house. We wouldn't fit if all this stuff was crammed into an apartment. Our buyer's agent that helped us find the new home said we could back out if we didn't want to wait that long but we do lose our deposit. I'm not into looking for a house right now with trying to get everything out of this. We might still end up homeless for a little while going this route.

Harrah's told me today to wait for the updated home study until we move but if it is close to time to travel to China, then we need to get the social worker over to look at the house we'll move into even before it is finished. We'll have to get a different social worker but can use the same home study agency. Fortunately the agency we are using for this is nearby so that shouldn't be a problem.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Yay! I'm glad you sold your house. Bummer on the delay of your other one.

Wishing you well...

Susan

PS Logan is soo handsome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home