Monday, August 29, 2005

Not So Great Vacation

Some people would love spending their vacation in bed all day long. This might sound good to many going on vacation just to relax and get some rest.

Well.....I did that Saturday but not because I wanted to. I woke up around 5:30 am nauseated. Later on in the morning in turned into vomiting. I spent my entire morning in the bathroom or in bed b/c I couldn't move. Tony and Logan at least we able to have a little fun. Around 2pm I thought I was feeling better and told them I wanted to go to Family Kingdom with them and watch Logan have fun on some rides. I got there, couldn't hardly walk into the park, sat on a bench and later barely made it back to the van where I laid down for over an hour waiting on them to have their fun and then take me back to the room. I then developed a major headache and remained in bed the rest of the day. It was awful.

Not only was my Saturday night bad, Friday night after we got our call that we were DTC (HOORAY!!!) we went out for a while. During our visit at Broadway at the beach, someone stole two of my car magnets. They were the ones I posted on an earlier post...."Support our Red Thread" that I bought off the APC group that someone was selling to raise money for the Chinese orphanages and also my "Preganancy and Infant Loss Awareness." I'm sure someone stole them b/c I'm almost positive I saw them when we got out of the van. Two of my magnets were still left on the back. I was very upset that someone would have stolen my Red Thread magnet especially the day we went DTC and also very upset someone took my Pregnancy Loss magnet b/c it was the weekend our baby was due that we lost in April.

Sunday was suppose to be better. How could it get worse? Well, it didn't start out well. At 4:45am we are awaken by fire alarms in our hotel and a very, very loud intercom system telling everyone to get out of their rooms. Thankfully I was over the headache and wasn't vomiting or I would have been in trouble. Unfortunately though for us, we were on the 16th floor which meant we had to go down 16 flights of stairs. Tony carried Logan all the way down those stairs. I was still weak from the day before but I did manage to make it down. I was amazed that we were one of the first to get out of the building but then later realized most of the others that came down after us had clothes on whereas we just put shoes on and took off (except me, I grabbed a towel and wrapped around me b/c I didn't take the time to put on a bra). There was no fire. Tony said he overheard it had something to do with a generator.

When we get back to our room, we discover there is no water. Here we are up, wide awake, and can't use the bathroom or take showers. We decided just to throw clothes on and eat an early breakfast across the street. However, when we come back, there is still no water. We didn't get water until much later that morning but we were able to borrow another hotel room and use the bathroom/shower.

Did our vacation get better? It actually did. We were finally able to go out later that day and have some fun on the beach as a family, played putt-putt, went to the water park at our hotel and the pool, took naps, went back out to swim, and later enjoyed seafood buffet. I did end up getting one good day on our vacation.

While we were gone, our realtor held an open house again and left us a note that 7 families came by. Hopefully this is a good sign and maybe we'll get an offer soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home