Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Adoption Stalker-itus

I've been told now I have Adoption Stalker-itus. I posted to a group I'm on about following a Fed Ex truck yesterday and this was my diagnosis. When I left my house yesterday a FedEx truck pulled into our development. I turned around and followed it to see if it was going to my house. I wasn't sure if the I 171H would come FedEx or US Mail. Now I know it comes US Mail so no more for now looking out for the FedEx truck. Here's the symptoms of Adoption Stalker-itus according to Dr. Sparky....

* Waiting by your mailbox every day for the mail to arrive
* Banging a "u-ie" when the Fed-Ex or DSL truck come within 10 miles of your home
* Sitting for hours at the computer constantly refreshing your e-mail, waiting & hoping for ANY news about your adoption (or anyone else's for that matter)
* Annoying all of the staff at your agency with daily e-mail & phone calls

The only know cure for this is to go to China and meet my sweet one BUT I have been warned that symptons do sometimes reappear once back in the states.

4 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Sparky said...

The Dr. is making a house call. My prescription: read two adoption blogs, get plent of rest and call me in the morning.

Dr. Sparky

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Ha! That's a good prescription.

Dr. Sparky, so you also have a presecription for Blogaholics? Can't. Stop. Reading. Must. Get. Back. To. Work...

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Sparky said...

The only cure known to man for Blogaholism is to dismatle ALL computers in your home and work environment. Sad but true, you must learn to live with this malady.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I am also suffering from
Adoption stalker-itis. Where is my home study? How many times can i CALL the social worker? LOL I'm starting to wish the mail came twice a day, just for one more chance of something adoption related coming in!!
at least i know i'm not alone. And apparently we already have our own support group!! ha ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home