Sunday, February 22, 2009

Why do I rely on doctors for answers?

My blogging time has just disappeared but this one is worth blogging so I'm trying to type with nap trying to get in my lap on the left side and Madelyn jump on my right side whispering in my ear while I keep glancing over to make sure Andrew isn't going to throw up again. I took my sick baby boy to Urgent Care this afternoon b/c he has been sick since Thursday vomiting and diarrhea and not eating (and if Andrew ain't eating, he is really, really sick) and not getting better and I just didn't want to wait another day and have to wait on an appt at our pediatrician. I had to wait b/c it's walk-ins and Andrew was very good at waiting his turn. However, after we were in a room he wasn't too patient.

Finally a PA knocks on the door. It's a pregnant lady and wanted me to know she was pregnant b/c she kept grabbing her belly and holding it with her hands. This lady says to me that it sounds like he's got a stomach bug from what I had told the nurse and this was without hearing it from me. She goes on and on about getting enough to drink to keep from being dehydrated, blah, blah, blah......and ends by handing me the check out sheet and walks out. She NEVER examined my sick kid. She didn't lay a hand on him. Didn't check his ears, look at his throat, listen to his heart, NOTHING. She diagnosed him with me just saying he's vomited and had diarrhea for four days and says to force him to drink water. What kind of medical practice is this?

I was in shock and didn't know what to say. I was just expecting her to examine him before she left the room after she was done talking. I paid for a doctors visit and was pretty much said make him drink water and it will pass.

I found out from a friend a phone number to call at the local hospital that takes complaints for the dr's offices associated with them so I've already put in my complaint. They are suppose to call me back later and let me know what this specific office has to say about this. I told them I would NOT go back to that office. There are other Urgent Care's around so it's not like that is the only choice on weekends.

Andrew hasn't eaten all weekend and this is a child that could probably eat a whole cow and an entire cake in a day. He's always hungry and never full. I couldn't even get him to suck on a dum dum today and he's got a sweet tooth like his mama.

If this PA didn't want to touch my sick child b/c she is pregnant, then she needs to get another job. I think I should be refunded also what I had to pay b/c I paid for no services.

2 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Kendra said...

Yikes! That's just horrible! I don't blame you for being frustrated and angry with that place.

I hope Andrew feels better soon.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That was completely uncalled for on her behalf - I hope you get the answers- and results that you want and deserve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home