Friday, October 17, 2008

Another Poop Story

I can laugh at it now but a few hours ago I was not laughing - almost the opposite.

I HATE potty training. I hate, hate, hate it!!!! I seriously think I'd hire a company that specifically went to people's homes and potty trained their kids if these such companies existed. I'm stingy with spending money too but I think I'd pay if these companies were successful, fast and guaranteed.

It started off with Madelyn having an accident #2. I take her to the potty downstairs since we're all downstairs anyway, get her training pants off and sit her on the potty and let her try there. She's unsuccessful but we get up and go through the routine anyway of wiping down, new panties, etc.

It's about nap time so I start scurrying up everyone to go upstairs to their bed. As we reach the top of the stairs I notice Andrew is squating. He's in underwear so I start yelling "No, let go to the potty" but we don't make it. #2 is out. So, that's two out of three toddlers now with poop in their pants. I get Andrew to the bathroom to start the same routine again with him, get him on the potty and he jumps off. Now I've got poop smeared all over the potty and all over his legs. He starts squatting again right there in the floor. #2 falls to the floor. ***Steam comes out of my ears.*** I pick him back up, back onto the potty and try to get him to stay while I pick it up off the floor. He jumps back off again while poo is still coming out. My head is about to explode now from frustration. I get him back up on the potty. He's managed to get both hands to his back side and smear it all over his fingers and chest and then he grabs me. I now have poop down both of my arms and my shirt. To make matters worse, Nate is in the background behind me repeating my words, commenting on "oh, yucky poop" and just running his mouth non-stop. When Andrew is finally done I throw him in the bathtub. It was just easier that way and then I started taking Clorox bleach wipes to everything. I cleaned my arms and hands the best I could but I got Andrew cleaned up first and got the boys to their room for a nap. I came down for a scrub down afterwards and change of clothes.

I don't think I've ever seen that much poop smeared all over one bathroom before. It was awful. Andrew even got sick from looking at it and was gagging and later puked in his room before he fell asleep and had to have another set of clothes.

A diaper day would have been so much easier. I hate potty training!!! I hate potty training three at a time even more.

1 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger Tracee said...

I feel so bad for you. But I also admire the hell out of you! I have one child (who was a VERY easy toddler) so I had things very easy.

I can't imagine myself in your shoes. You hang in there...I'm sending good thoughts your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home